Thursday, October 22, 2009

Making progress

So training is a long progress with a goal in mind. As of today my big goal is 184 days away.

The past Sunday I did my first very long training ride. I took part in the One Tonner 160 km cycle event. The aim for me was to cycle as close to 6 hours as possible. As all of us know in a perfect world it does not always go according to plan.

We (me and Jan de Moerin) set off and was keeping a good pace. Up until about 100 km were he started experiencing back pain etc. We went very slow from here up to 130 km were I then left him to cover the last 5 km to the car and I went off to finish the last loop of the race.

Eventually I spent 6 hours and 50 minutes in the saddle! But that is all OK as I really did finish strong and that means that training is starting to pay off.

Now we just have to keep the legs and arms going to the next mini goal which is Jailbreak in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment